29 March 2011

Chickpea mash with garlic and anchovies

I am honestly not sure where the inspiration for this came from, but it certainly turned out well.  I took the basic flavours that are in a caesar dressing and instead of tossing it with romaine lettuce, I combined it with pureed chickpeas.   

Originally, I served this with a piece of fish, as the starch option, but I can't help but to think of how tasty it would be to just make a traditional caesar salad and add the whole chickpeas to it.....I'll get back to you on that.



1t. lemon juice
1/2t. worcester sauce
1 clove garlic
3/4t. anchovy paste
1T. greek yogurt
1t. olive oil
1/4t. dry mustard
1/2oz. parmesan cheese
3/4c. chickpeas
4-6T. water or canning liquid

- Toss everything into a food processor and process until you get a mostly but not completely smooth texture.  (Add more water if it needs further thinning.)
-Enjoy with just about anything, adding an extra drizzle of olive oil and a healthy cracking of fresh black pepper upon serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment